Regen adjustment

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

jonham1

Regen adjustment

Postby jonham1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Can anyone tell me if it is possable to adjust the regen braking on my evie,as it does not seem to work.Thanks John

Grumpy-b

Re: Citroen C1 VTR EV'ie

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 am

Yes. I have recently changed the settings on the smarts I have bought from the peolpe who did your C1. The Curtis controller has a number of parameters that can be changed, this includes two that control the regen amount. I am used to the Berlingos, which have a high degree of regen, so using the smart which had absolutely none was a bit of a shock. I hated having to actually brake. One problem there does appear to be, is that the current sensing system only measures current as one value, ie positive, so strangely it seems to actually reduce the amount of energy available rather than add to it. More regen is read as more power being used so counts down the available power to use. The Meter on the dash if switched through to Amps shows no difference between power being used an regen. I have heard that a firmware upgrade may resolve this but as yet I havent checkedwith Curtis.
To make the changes you need the curtis software and adaptor or the curtis hand held device. It also has to be set up as the OEM version, otherwise you dont have access to the change parameters options.
Where are you based? PM me if you wish me to assist. I am on the Essex Suffolk border.

On adding extra cells, how the gauge represnts the amount of available energy is set up in the Curtis controller as a series of values and so can be changed as required.

Grumpy-b

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 am

Hi John - Welcome to the forum.

How long have you had your Ci Ev'ie? How many miles does it have on the clock?

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Grumpy-b /Mattcar sorry i havn't got back been ill,not very tecky thought was just an adjustment,had evie 3 years now converted by ECC, done 5k now had new BMS 18 months ago didn't seem the same since.Located solihull w/mids.Can you tell me has ECC stopped trading as can't get in touch with them?No real probs.but does not seem to have the go as it used have,and of course the regen problem,any hints/tips greatly appreciated.thanks John
Last edited by jonham1 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 pm

They are no more.
The BMS does seem to have a few issues. I have two smarts, one with a BMS and one without. Otherwise the same cars. BMS is musch less capableand holds overall less charge. I have yet to talk to the BMSthough. Should be able to do so shortly.
As for working with the Curtis, I do have the kit and sotware and have worked on three of the curtis controlled vehicle. Some parameters are hard coded and I dont have the Curtis programming Language.

Grumpy-b

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 am

Hi John,

Unfortunately ECCPLC has indeed stopped trading. So the support for the car is no more. But we know there are a few members of the forum who might be able to offer some help with the cars.

BVS has kindly created a new section for the Citroen C1 Ev'ie - ( I'll ask the web master to move this over there )

You say you had a new BMS 18 months ago and that the car has not been the same since. Do you mean that the car seems to lack power now when driving it? Also, have you had the regen issue the whole time you have owned the car? We do have a few members who are able to program the controllers in these cars - and in fact I know one member has done extensive tweaking to the controller settings and gotten much improved performance.

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Mattcar yes didn't have as much power after new BMS and regen has been the same since new,unfortunately evie died today went to local shops and on the way back lost the drive,can hear motor running but no traction,think it might be gearbox or clutch.Taken it to local garage and awaiting phone call to give me bad news.Wonder if anyone else has had similar problems?Yes I thought ECC had gone bust,trouble is there is nobody close to me to have a look at it,I seem to be the only one in the midlands to have a evie,thanks for help....john

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi John,

Could you repost your last one in the other part of the forum here :

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk/bvsorguk/forums/viewforum.php?f=54

and start a new thread - I will post and answer to what I think the problem is with your car for you.

Matt

jonham1

Postby jonham1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Matt
have reposted not sure if i done it right,if i can't find you please email direct john.ham@talktalk.net thanks John

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”