Casram Brushes

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon May 05, 2008 9:41 pm

The reply came from
Steffi Krause
Sales OEM
So maybe the sales arnt aware of the technical people. Best wait till you have your response.

Grumpy-b

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu May 08, 2008 7:03 pm

Ok sounds like we are talking to the same people in Germany. They tell me that Schunk UK are not making brushes in the UK now !

E101 is an option as is the standard E105.

I think they will cost around £90 a set by the time they have been sent over here - what with the Euro being so strong.

JOhn

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed May 14, 2008 5:40 pm

At last I have the price for brushes from Schunk but I have to buy 8 sets of 4 at a price of £700 !!

After they have tacked on 19% VAT !! - and 25 Euros delivery !!. It brings the total to £22.25 per brush delivered to me in Kent.

So am I going to place the order. ?

Let me know if anyone would like a set.

John
Last edited by Flying John on Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Wed May 14, 2008 6:32 pm

I'd be up for a set for my Blingo, please. I've been thinking I'd better have a look to see how worn mine are. No idea how worn they were when I bought the van at 24,400 miles. Its now 27100 and rising!

Richard Elliott, Ashburton, Devon

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Richard , wondered where you had got to :?

Glad the blingo is still going strong 8) I would highly recommend looking at the Brushes as they can fail very quickly and damage the com :shock:

Its very easy to check them.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Brushes

Postby Flying John » Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 pm

I would just like to research one more supplier that Jeremy has found. This other supplier is closer to home and we may well find more competitive.

I will post back once we find out their price and delivery and then I will start a seperate thread so that others can post how many sets they want. We can then add em all up, get a big order together and perhaps secure a better price.

John

jezf

Postby jezf » Thu May 15, 2008 10:54 am

I may want a set, mine is going in for service today, depending on their report. How do I check them myself?

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu May 15, 2008 11:34 am

To take a look at ONE brush to judge whether they all need replacing is fairly simple.

Open bonnet and pull one large main battery pack fuse.

From a pit - or put the car on ramps - undo the two bolts that secure the small plastic inspection opening on the bottom right hand side of the Motor - looking from the front and underneath.

With a long allen key or small bent skewer hook under the brush spring and hold it back - slide out the brush and inspect how much carbon is left onthe brush.

You may also see roughly how much you have left by just observing the brush through the hole - perhaps using a small dentists type mirror. Normally the brushes wear evenly between the 4 so if the one you look at is very low in the holder, or if you take it out and there is only about 20mm left then its time to replace.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 pm

User Stewart M, who I work with has just had some made to the E105 speck at a cost of £9.50 and a postage cost of a couple of quid. To Quote:
£9.50 each + a couple of quid postage. I send him the drawing done by ??? but it turns out the 10.4mm dimension is more like 10mm to fit in the guides on my Berlingo.

For over 20 years Managing Director David Hughes has been involved in the power generation industry working as far afield as South Africa where DC-operated coal-cutting machinery used carbon brushes to a large extent

Sdcarbons@aol.com
http://www.sdcarbons.co.uk/opencontent/default.asp

Hope this helps
Tes
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Yes I have a quote from SD in Belfast too - I think that VAT has to be applied but lets see how good they are when you get them.

PLEASE make sure you get the dimensions correct - they are 10mm x 25mm x 32mm. Otherwise they will stick in the carriers and Poof.....

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”