Casram Brushes

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
cianof

Casram Brushes

Postby cianof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Hey there,

Last week I ordered a set of brushes from http://www.casram.com/ and I was wondering if any one has experience using these brushes?

I heard about these brushes from: (Translated from an Italian EV site)
http://www.rmsconsult.co.uk/berlingo/faults.htm

Details of my order
sales@casram.com
The Casem number: 05.103226
CHF 27,50/piece,
delivery time 2 weeks.
Minimum order quantity CHF 100
payment in advance.

I expect the brushes to cost around 80 Euros/60 GBPs including taxes and delivery.

Cian

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:17 pm

No I havent, so far have only used genuine ones and I have a spare set that User "The Green Machine" had made by the same company that produced the orginals.

I'll be interested in how you get on with them.

Is this the problem with your Berlingo ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

cianof

Postby cianof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey Chris,

I think I might have made a mistake in ordering these brushes and I might have to email Casram to cancel my order.

I got the part number for those brushes from the wiki entry on berlingo brush replacement. Casram was listed as a brush supplier and a part number was given.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Citro%C3%A ... ng_Brushes

I have since discovered that the part number given was a mistake on the wiki. (Has since been updated by berlingo-e.co.uk ) The Casram brushes listed are for the 'Peugeot 106 Electric'.

They could be the similar brushes, but I can't afford to get the wrong brushes.

Flying John
Site Staff

Waste of Webspace

Postby Flying John » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 pm

I dont think that WIKI entry on Blingo brushes is worth the space it takes on the server. I think it would be better to have a pointer to our own fantastic forum for peeps to join and find out how to change the brushes.

I am also wary of the Casram brushes as they are not OEM and my own experience of non schunk brushes ended in a Controller fault.

Apparently Schunk re-specified the brush grade for later vehicles to E101 grade instead of E105.

I hope to be able to get a price for these from Schunk this week and i plan to buy a few sets to make up their minimum order value.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 pm

I recently got a price from Schunk for some Brushes, and the material was quoted as E105. Does anyone know what E101 / E105 differences are?Has anyone had any with the E101 spec, and are they any improvement?

Grumpy-b

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Fri May 02, 2008 7:26 pm

I am in discussion with Schunk in Germany about this issue as apparently Leroy Somner and PSA observed that on some vehicle they were not achieving 10,000 km with the E105 brush specification. They have offered E101 and I am in discussion with them at the moment regarding the expected life and what the cost of these would be.

The German factory are on holiday at the moment and I expect to hear from them by W.B 12th May

John

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun May 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Im really stunned by my own set of brushes. The van is 2000 registered, but all the dates seem to show it was builtin late 98, its done 11000 miles. Today I checked out the brushes, they are dated 98 and marked as E105, and still have 10mm to the wear line left to go. Im asuming they are probably the original set. So they have a bit of use left.

I am intending to buy some sets (3) made by an Irish Company they can supply made to measure in E105 or E101, at a price less than Schunk.
Given the material spec is the same, and they have good dimensions etc Im confident they will be a reasonable option. I should have them by the end of the month. I guess they wont be going into mine just yet, unless I swap them out to see how they work/ wear.

Grumpy-b

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 am

This supports Chis's experience and my own with the first set - 11000 miles for me. I wonder what the true composition of the originals were. I have heard that other compounds may be added to the brushes for a longer life but still conform to E105. What we need is a carbon brush expert !.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon May 05, 2008 6:02 pm

I just received a reply from Schunk, and they are adamant that they only supply E105, and dont seem to offer an alternative of E101.
I would guess any E101s have been trials. Not sure how we could find out more about this. It would be good to know what they have found out on service life.

Grumpy-b

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Mon May 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Be interested to know who you have spoken to, because when I spoke with them on Friday they said nothing more could be done till Tuesday.

John - confused.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”