FAQ for beginners (under development)

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:26 pm

I "think" its due to the fact the motor has a seperately excited feild winding. This means the motor can be run as a series wound motor and a parallel wound motor at the same time as such.

The way the controller works is to start with the feild current at max and the motors speed control is all carried out on the armature current and supply.
Above something like 20mph or there abouts theres nothing left on the armature and its running at full chat so the only way now to get more speed out of the motor is to start weakening the feild current to it , so the controller now holds the amature at full whack and the throttle pedal now starts to control the feild winding current and backs it off to allow the motor to increase speed and hence more throttle makes the controller supply less currently to the feild and hence increases the motor speed.

Does that make sence.

So if you hold a steady throttle position you will feel the controller go through the transitional period where its going from controlling the motors armature current to the feild current , pretty clever stuff really :wink:

The Eco meter does sort of show current out but its not that acurate as such but generally you can say anything in the green upto the yellow area is less than 100A or there abouts .

Try this link and use the next button, it tells you all about motors :wink:
http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/h1011v2 ... v2_112.htm

Our motor in the blingo in Fig7 is (a) i.e seperately excited.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:02 pm

Thanks Chris for the excellent summary.

I feel happier about its operation now.

When I get a few minutes will have to research this switch over thing to fully understand.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”