Isle of Man: 2009: Manx to stage 'green' Grand Prix

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ex925

"Green TT", a few random thoughts.....

Postby ex925 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:45 pm

HEALTH WARNING: Author has difficulty with sensible thinking - the following is intended to stimulate responses - hopefully "more light than heat"

1 "Green TT" or is it a "GREEN MANX GRAND PRIX"?
If the latter, then rider licenses might be less problematical

2 Scrutineering - "SERIOUS" I expect......
Having experienced (admittedly in the distant past) the finely balanced care by the scrutineers to ensure maximum safety without unduly stiflingng ingenuity, I expect there will need to be some very informative guidelines. These will need to be available SOONEST - SO: Should the BVS immediately agree among ourselves and ASAP after that make representations to the scrutineers to enable safety and ingenuity in TWEVs, so builds can start, with some assurance of reliable regulation parameters?

3 Pedal cycling round the I.o.M. in the sixties taught me:
a] Manx racing cyclists were, (and still are...) formidable riders
b] good braking and steering in the I.o.M. are vital to continuation of life

4 Motorcycling round the I.o.M. back then taught me
c] Manx racing motorcyclists were, (and still are...) formidable riders
d] braking and steering are endurance-tested beyond anywhere else I have experienced

5 If any of the above prohibits, or even dissuades a racing entry, maybe people could take their UK-road-legal TWEVs to the Island for an Electric (not quite so...) Mad Sunday

6 Anyone contemplating 5 should still uprate the handling, braking, and steering qualities of their machine by a factor of times 5 at least, in my opinion.................

Comments, please.
Ed. Gordon

JonSpence

Re: Isle of Man: 2009: Manx to stage 'green' Grand Prix

Postby JonSpence » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:38 am

Just thought that I'd add that I read a bit about it in "The Engineer", here is a link.

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/Articles/3 ... wheels.htm

Return to “Events”