The next northern BVS meeting.

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Teslas fag packet

The next northern BVS meeting.

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi all, it's that time again, only this time there is stuff to look at other than my fine physique and well trimmed nasal hair.

Stuart Mills of MEV ltd has agreed for us to have our next get together at his workshop and permit us to look at some of his fine creations, he will also be happy to discuss the legality's and legal hurdles one has to jump to make such road legal.

This is his web site for those that have not seen it http://www.mevltd.co.uk/ some really cool stuff

Also refreshments (tea and coffee) will be available but i feel there should be a small financial contribution in the interest of fairness .

The location is here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en ... &z=15&om=1

and the address is:

Mills Extreme Vehicles Ltd,
Ratcher Hill Quarry,
Southwell Road,
Mansfield, Notts,
NG18 4GE

This may be a way for some of our more northerly (I would say more northern but no one is more northern than me) members but I'm sure you will agree this is well worth the trip, since this is a way for some i think we should meet between 11:30 and 12:00.

Oh yes and the date is the 16th of February.

Again you can get me via the forum or by email mini.evolution@ntlworld.com if you have any questions.

And please if you are going could you please email me so i can keep track of the numbers

Thanks and i will see you there

Tesla

P.S thanks again Stuart :)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Well done Tes and Stuart a superb meeting venue for sure!

Hopefully will whet some appetites too for some interesting projects :)

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 am

This should be a good one, well worth the trek down to southern northern England. Thanks for fixing it up Charles and thanks to Stuart for hosting it!

See you all there.
Malcolm

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:45 am

MalcolmB wrote:This should be a good one, well worth the trek down to southern northern England. Thanks for fixing it up Charles and thanks to Stuart for hosting it!

See you all there.
Malcolm

LOL for me it was nigh on 700 miles round trip from Southern England to get to the venue when I was there a short while ago so it's all relative (my family are all Geordies so I know where you are comming from Malcom re "South")
but yes I'd say it was worth the trip from Newcastle to Mansfield for this gathering.

Hope lots of folk go it sounds like a great regional group is forming up in the Midlands :D

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 am

Just a reminder that the next Northern meet is this Saturday in Mansfield. I'm really looking forward to it myself. We had a good turnout for the first get-together – so how many of us are likely to be there this time? Hands up please! :)

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:04 pm

*hand*

Confusingly, I will be arriving by train from London. My train gets into Mansfield station at 13.27

Can I have a lift, Malcolm?
Tim Crumpton

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 pm

No problem Tim. Just to warn you though, I have an infallible sense for getting lost...

andersonian

Postby andersonian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Another hand here! Been in touch with Tes re car sharing.

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 am

It's a great venue for a meet, so anyone remotely in range really ought to make the effort and go!!!!!!

Some whizzy cars to be seen isn't there Stuart? :wink:

Teslas fag packet

A Great day!!!

Postby Teslas fag packet » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:45 pm

It's OK you lot don't panic IM BACK. I fell down a well.

Now as you know us northern monkeys visited MEV yesterday and a good time was had by all.

These vehicles are a fantastic balanced of sex and science and have your inner child reaching for your wallet.

Or in a curtain members case your actual child reaching for your wallet.

:)

Talking to Stuart and Julie i was fascinated to discover that this really is a business built from the ground up, even the building was fabricated by there own fair hands. They also have a fantastic plot of land and a race track which they are willing for us to use for an electrothon in the summer GREAT HUH 8)

As you may be aware there also in the design phase of an EV kit, that should be complete in the not so distant future, and should be available for us to look at, at the summer event.

There was also a rocket (one of there best selling kits) for us to look at in all its glory and also lots of chassis and kit's in the making

and the R2

If any one else has any photos please post them, this was a great opportunity for a chat about ev's and catchup on friendships made in our last meeting.

We really did have a good turn out, but if they are any others out there lurking but not wanting to come out and play, please give one of the meetings a go were not all “clubyâ€Â
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Return to “Events”