Little Aixam City electric

General BVS related area
littlejobselectrical

Little Aixam City electric

Postby littlejobselectrical » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi.
I have 4 questions about The little Aixam City electric car and would love to hear from experienced owners
On a nice flat smooth road what sort of top speed should I expect with the car switched to boost and the accelerator firmly depressed to the floor?
On a good set of batteries and fully charged what sort of range should I expect from the car?
How long would it take to charge a nearly flat car to full?
Finally. How many watts does the charger draw from the mains. Both first 2 hours then the rest when on trickle?
Any answers to these questions would be great.
Many thanks

Colcam1

Re: Little Aixam City electric

Postby Colcam1 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:53 am

Hello Andrew
I have a 2008 Mega City and I think they are the original batteries so they give a lower mileage than a new set would. On a nice flat road you might manage just over 40mph. On a good set of batteries you would be pushing it to get 40 miles, my maximum now is around 26 miles. You shouldn't flatten the batteries right down, but with one bar left they will take 7 to 8 hours to recharge. The charger ramps up slowly to a peak of 1.6 to 2 kW for about 3/4 of an hour then will start to ramp down again until it finally trickle charges at about 3.5 Watts. I charge mine overnight every night, and for the 5 days that I use it for work costs approximately £3.50 which really hacks everyone off when I tell them.

littlejobselectrical

Postby littlejobselectrical » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi. Thankyou for your reply.
I'm going to view a Axiam City this week with a view to buy.
Is there anything that I should be aware of on the Aixams. Faults they suffer etc?
Things that go wrong and cost the earth to replace etc.
many thanks.

Colcam1

Postby Colcam1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:17 am

Any Aixam spare parts are expensive for the EV version, even second hand ones because there aren't many about. If you get one with a faulty charger it will cost more than you pay for the car. There is virtually no information for electric Aixams, there is a PDF download for the petrol and diesel versions. You MUST change the gearbox oil every year as they are very prone to letting you down, so I would change it as soon as you get the car just in case.
This is repair manual for the ICE versions.
MANUEL_DE_REPARATION_S8rev2_UK.pdf

Return to “General”