Hybrids register

Own a hybrid? Don't feel left out; heres a little corner just for you.

What Make of Hybrid do you have

Honda Insight
33%
Toyota Prius (original MK1 import from Japan)
11%
Toyota Prius, Classic
11%
Toyota Prius, NHW 20 (2004 onwards)
22%
Toyota Prius , ZVW30
11%
Honda Civic IMA
No votes
Other (factory built)
11%
Other (home built)
No votes

Total votes: 9

marktime

Re: Hybrids register

Postby marktime » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am

As originator of the poll I must say thanks for giving it a face-lift, I have re-cast my vote.

Surprised we never had more votes at the outset, I always felt that anyone with a hybrid who had any interest in how it worked would find themselves on internet fora like this, but it seems not.

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

kevpembs

Postby kevpembs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi all,
After learning about the BVS a few weeks ago, i thought i'd join, as it seems appropriate for me to do so.
I live in Pembrokeshire where I am heavily involved in promoting plug-in charge points for EV's, and ev cars in general etc etc.
But my main interest is the JDM Prius NHW10 Prius. I own 2 at the moment, and both are running fine One 10 years old, the other 12 years.
The main thing that I work with is car diagnostics etc, so after a great deal of effort, I now own the only Prius NHW10 diagnostic/service tool in the UK. This has enabled me to keep my NHW10's in good running order as part of their servicing routine, and above all keep battery pack problems under control and at bay.
Roughly I get about 56 mpg from them ( I am a steady driver anyway) and find the cars extremely reliable.
I have acuminated a lot of knowledge about these NHW10 Prius including manuals and handbooks etc, plus i also have some for the NHW11 & 20 as well.
Attachments
tech_large_cutaway.jpg
tech_large_cutaway.jpg (41.74 KiB) Viewed 68118 times

evdesigner

Postby evdesigner » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:28 pm

I have a 2000 Citrus Insight with 171,000 miles and a 2004 Silver CVT Insight with 104,000 miles.

velosolex50

Postby velosolex50 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:25 pm

I have a 2000 grey import insight CVT ,which gets about 60 mpg or a bit more on a run, and a UK gen 1 Prius, unusually fitted with leather seats and a cruise control, which gets about 55 mpg, or up to 65 on a run. Both well over 100000 miles, and pretty trouble free.
Both are brilliant cars, can't decide which I prefer!
I have to say the prius is much more comfy though, with an excellent ride and refinement. The honda is a bit hard on UK roads, even with GAZ shocks.

jonathan jewkes

Postby jonathan jewkes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:16 pm

The pick-list of hybrids in your poll is quite limited. there are a lot more hybrids on the market nowadays.
I have a Toyota Auris - same system as the Prius but a smaller car.
Hybrids don't have to appeal only to tecchies - in facty tecchies might realise that some aspects are a bit over-hyped and they are not particularly green - probably no more fuel efficient than some modern diesels.
But they are very nice to drive - no gear changes - they just go like an "ordinary" automatic car.
Jonathan Jewkes
Daily EV user for 10years - an enthusiast and also a realist

Return to “Hybrid's Corner”