Curtis 1239e VCL and manuals

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
jameskillick

Curtis 1239e VCL and manuals

Postby jameskillick » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi, I have my Curtis 1239e and HPEVS AC-50 working nicely in my Ford Probe (http://www.probatron.blogspot.com). In the setting manual there is a description of the VCL functions that can be used to customize the controller. In particular it describes how to set one of the output to drive the vehicle tacho. This would be really cool. I had a circuit that did this before, but it broke. It displayed Amps x 100 on the rev counter. It was supposed to control the fuel gauge too, but that was never very successful. I believe I can use the pwm outputs to control the fuel gauge, temperature gauge and tacho as all the signals are already 'seen' by the controller and the gauges work from resistances, so pwm wrt ground should be easy to achieve with a small mosfet hanging on the output for the temperature and fuel level gauges.

In order to do this I need the VCL programming language, the programming manual and the common functions manual from Curtis. Does anybody know where I can get these? My supplier is not forthcoming at the moment.

Thanks...

Return to “All things battery related”