Mia vehicles available for test drive in Merseyside

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
timpootle

Mia vehicles available for test drive in Merseyside

Postby timpootle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:44 pm

I have just recieved this from Dave Cowperthwaite of TYC Track in Southport (who supplied me with HiPower cells for my long-range Berlingo Project):
Hi Tim just a quick mail to touch base and see how you are doing and your project update? By way of an info drop we are now able to supply the
Mia Electric Vehicle range of vehicles, that includes Vans and saloons, which are now available in the Uk. From the 10th December 2011 Merseyside Police
will be evaluating the long wheelbase 12kw version and immediately following this Royal Mail will be evaluating a transformation in London to their own particular specification needs. Given our long relationship may I extend the offer to your BVS members of an evaluation test drive in early January at their convenience, Merseytravel will be testing the Merseyside Police vehicle on or around the 10th January there after we are able to plan a schedule thereafter.
Attached for your perusal is the Mia Brochure, and an artists impression of the R.M offering, the vehicles are eligible for the £5000 Government incentive which makes them more than competitive with the Nissan Leaf Etc, the body work is Thermo moulded ABS and performance of 62mph and approximately 81 miles per charge.We trust you find this initial information of help, and that we can be assistance to you and your members Kind Regards Dave

The Mia website is http://www.mia-electric.com/en/

It's a strange looking thing, sort of micro-bus.

Anyone interested can contact Dave on
d-cowperthwaite@lineone.net

213 Fylde Road
Marshside
Southport
Merseyside
PR99YB

TEL no 01704 220961
Mobile 07876693767
Tim Crumpton

Kevin Sharpe

Re: Mia vehicles available for test drive in Merseyside

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

did they give you any idea of pricing? I drove one ay ecovelocity but at that time the price was tbd.
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

mattcarr

Re: Mia vehicles available for test drive in Merseyside

Postby mattcarr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:31 am

A quick check on the website shows a price of around 23k. They also state on the web site that it has got an 8kwh battery pack as standard or an optional larger 12kwh pack which gives an estimated range of 120km. This equates to 160 watt hours per mile which is pretty low and I would thik you would only get this at 20mph aroud a track. I think Robert Llewellyn made a video of it here http://www.youtube.com/user/fullychargedshow#p/u/5/LsWuXcLgZyU the piece about the mia starts 6 minutes in to the clip. It is a strage looking vehicle and I have to say that the drivers does not seem to have a great deal of head room !!

Return to “Hot off the press....”