Programming Curtis Controller

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

genawin

Programming Curtis Controller

Postby genawin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

I think this thread might be of interest to some members as i believe my car has improved since i have made quite a few changes from the attachment below which is a full spreadsheet of standard settings , but this is a potential minefield and you might end up with a dead car - only consider tweaking if your fully confident - any doubts please leave it alone ,If you are tempted write down the old and new settings as a reference and only make ONE change at a time.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
Attachments
Param1234_6_8_Gen_S.xls
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 736 times

mattcarr

Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Mart,

Some interesting information in there.

I have to say I would like to eek out a little bit more power at higher speeds and to remove the 25% SOC speed limiting as well. I have to say I am temped to make a trip to yours to see what the configuration is for my car in comparison to yours.

Matt

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:06 am

Its quite easy to extract the parameter file using the 1314 software and connector. I tend to take a copy when I start doing anything as my baseline, then copy after each set of changes. I then hold the parameter file for use if I need it, using the date as part of the file name
Unless you know what you are doing its always worth holding changes to one at a time, then checking the consequences and moving on.

I though I had a problem with one of my Smarts, (It has the same controller and mostly the same set of parameters as the EVIE,) It came up with Prechar on the Curtis monitor, this means the precharge of the capacitors in the controller has been unsuccessful. Mild panic. But the cause was that the heater was left on when it was parked, so was on immediately the vehicle was turned ons. Turn off heater, problem goes away.

Grumpy-b

genawin

Postby genawin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:39 pm

mattcarr wrote:Hi Mart,

Some interesting information in there.

I have to say I would like to eek out a little bit more power at higher speeds and to remove the 25% SOC speed limiting as well. I have to say I am temped to make a trip to yours to see what the configuration is for my car in comparison to yours.

Matt

If you can wait until January i will be knocking on your door with laptop in hand but i will be advising against extra speed as it will knock a big hole in your range as i said on the phone if you feel you could sacrifice a little range you would be far better off raising your 4 x delta (1600rpm) tourque by 10% i think that it fills in a low spot in the performance curve and we can certainly relieve the 25% restriction.

genawin

Postby genawin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Grumpy-b wrote: But the cause was that the heater was left on when it was parked, so was on immediately the vehicle was turned ons. Turn off heater, problem goes away.
Grumpy-b

I've recommisioned the heater in my car - it being the preproduction run R&D car (107-rebadged) has a dry system and i had exactly the same problem when my wife left the heater on - to rectify the problem i've turned off precharge i don't think this will cause any problems haven't noticed any main contactor arcing all seems well since i changed it.

Update next journey out - wife broke down - she reported car hesitated and lost almost all power display showing "stall",
My thoughts were how ironic after the above comments then connected the laptop confirmed my suspicions that it was the contacter - so i stripped it out
PA300004.JPG
PA300004.JPG (35.53 KiB) Viewed 14741 times

But to my suprise a washer had managed to get in there ?? - anyway all cleanded up and back on the road,

Grumpy - did you find a way to leave precharge on and then after leaving the heater on you didn't have to use the laptop to reset ?

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”