2010 Citroen C1 VTR Electricity ELECTRIC CAR on eBay

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

mattcarr

Re: 2010 Citroen C1 VTR Electricity ELECTRIC CAR on eBay

Postby mattcarr » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am

The only other thing I have noticed with these cars is that the BMS also is the enabler for the charger - with a dead BMS the charger will no operate. The charger has 2 pairs of wires going to the BMS - the first is the on off pair and the second is the charge rate pair - this needs 5 volts across it for the charger to run at full power, and as the voltage drops so does the charging rate.

mikethebike3

Postby mikethebike3 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 am

So it could be that the batteries are all too discharged for the motor to turn, or at least to enable the Curtis?
It really needs someone on the ground to carry out some simple checks - I wonder how much interest they've had on this?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu May 30, 2013 5:20 pm

There are two cables to the charger, one turns it on the other is an optical coupled resistor. That controls the charger voltage between abut 80 and 105v.

I have reverted these chargers back to the Zivan original spec, and I have a special version of the chip that cuts off after two hours of reaching the final set voltage. Works well.

The cells may be too low, and I suspect the inertia switch has been set off.

Personally I think this is too much to make financial sense. Ultimately you still end up with a Cat d Vehicle which will always be worth less and more challenging to sell.

SO its likely that this would be reasonable to fetch £5.5k in fully sorted order. That means a total repair cost of £1500. Not a good proposition in my view.

Grumpy-b

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”