Jezf's new berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 pm

It's the vacuum pump for the breaks making the noise

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 pm

jezf wrote:I believe the wiring is present in the side connector, so all I need to do is find the correct lead for it.

The noise I was talking about sounds like a pump, its quite loud (might be on its way out) and goes on and off intermittently. It comes back on for a few seconds when I press the brake pedal.

The van had a horrible reverse beeper, which was a bulb with a reverse sounder combo. Located it and replaced with a normal bulb. Much happier now!

Yeah sounds like the brake vacuum pump, shouldnt be that loud to be honest, generally the whine from the power steering pump is louder so it sounds like it might have an issue.

Becareful now you dont have a reverse beeper , mine dosnt and I have to admit to nearly running several people over as they dont hear it :oops:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

jezf

Postby jezf » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:09 pm

I think i'm going to have the ultrasound parking sensorts fitted. I find them really useful on my current car, and it should help prevent any nasty situations like running people over!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Good idea but it wont stop them doing it though :roll:

I havent yet worked out a way of stopping them , I'm no fan of the ghastly beeper either and have wondered about something along the lines of a voice version ........along the lines of

Caution ....Electric Vehicle Reversing ..........Caution .....Electric Vehicle Reversing..........for more details go to www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you can buy the PCB's which allow you to recrod your own stuff onto a chip and then just bung it on a horn and jobs a good'en it actually wouldnt have to be that loud in fact.

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:31 pm

I've had an idea! I've always said that someone should do a ICE noise when you are 10mph or slower it should come on. But........

How about this.........

You know the bling bling C5 ?

Well......

I was at the OMD concert in Southampton a few months ago (superb show go see them live if you get the chance by the way) and how's about a blast of OMD's Electricity on the old boom box :lol: It could double up as a low power warning signal too "all I want is a source of energy......Elect.......tricity..."

Sorry am I showing my age ??? :roll:

Rob.Lincs

Postby Rob.Lincs » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi,

Bit behind - haven't logged on for ages. 1 litre of water for refill of batteries is *please do not swear*. I have just done mine tonight - 3rd time since I owned the van. Took less than usual tonight - I used 12 litres, first time used about 19 litres.

Am I being foolish? I always charge my van every night on economy 7 from 1am - 8am at the bottom of the garden.

Anyone needing brushes let me know. I can put you in touch with a very good company who have gone out of their way to produce brushes and they have now got them just right. About £45 per set.

Rob

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi Rob

Yeah I have to agree with regarding the watering, mine tends to take on average anything between 30l and 20l , mind you the 30l time was on a set of really naff batts.

I dont think your foolish at all charging on E7 makes for a very cheap bit of transport 8) as for everynight well that depends on if you've gone anywhere I suppose, if its not gone anywhere then the van will know this and just do a little top up and shut down , if you've only gone a short distance then you might start running into wierd energy meter readings ??

I know a few people who have noticed, myself incuded if you dont drop them below 50% everynow and then have issues with the meter not returning to 100% , having said that in my view the meter has very little bearing on the actual charge cycle as such after watching the whole pack with a voltmeter and seeing where it terminates the charge etc, they build in a equilisation charge something like every 10 cycles anyway where I think it not only balances out the pack again but removes any energy meter errors that might have built up.

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:14 pm

I think this is a late post regarding that charge cable :oops:

Whereabouts does that cable go to on the van- have they opened up the top cover plate on the controller and patched it straight in, or does it go to the back of the existing Avcon socket.

It would actually be a handy mod if (like me) you do not carry your charge lead with you all the time. It would mean you could get some charge into the batts wherever you are.

If they have made a connection to the screw terminals under the controller cover plate I hope it is nicely weatherproofed/grommeted like the original leads.

Great pics - more please of where the cable goes to on the van.

Ooh one other thing if you do plug a correct charge lead in - I think those bare pins on that other cable may become LIVE 240volt mains so be very careful

John

jezf

Postby jezf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 pm

It's not wired to the Avcon socket, but directly into the controller box as shown in the pics.

I have been running the van down to around 15-20% before charging up again, but it charges to 95%, not to the full 100%. Does this indicate a problem?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:07 pm

What sort of range are you getting from it currently ??

Does sound like the energy meter is out of sync a little, all depends on how the other owner drove it and what sort of terrain you are using it on and the levels of discharge you are giving the batts, it might take a while for the energy meter to settle into your own routine.

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”