A remarkeable claim for Partner on ebay.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
gwing

Postby gwing » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks Grumpy. I'm delighted with the performance rather than dissapointed it doesn't match what you might expect from the advert. I hoped to get a good condition one, and it is delivering pretty much spot on what I expected from reports here other good folks. After all, the performance claims made by the manufacturers for new electric vehicles are often wildly optimistic so expecting better from a private ebay sale might be considered niaeve :)

It looks as if I can expect a reasonably comfortable 50 mile range, even though it is going up and down hills that necessitate reaching the amber/red border on the ecometer at times. That really is way more than I need so I'm delighted. In the future my office is moving further away and I'll have a 40 mile trip *each way* and again across some hills. Maybe I'll be able to get a charge at work which would make it possible, but it would be a jolly hard working Blingo if I do 80 miles a day too often. Anyway the move is 18 months away and a lot can happen in that time so I'm not making plans yet.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:47 am

Im glad ypu are happy with it.

I am doing about 250 miles per wek in mine and my wife does about 180miles per week. Maintenance charges come around pretty regularly with partial charge at work after the 20 mile half way trip. We only do about 1.5 hrs charge each which just makes getting home easier and doesnt give constraints that straining to get the last few miles out of a charge gives. Distance between maint charge is about 2000miles but that does depend on deep discharge or partial discharge between cahrging.

Sure we could drive more carefully and keep to under 30mph and not accelerate, but we recognise we are part of society and need to be reasonable to other road users. So we compromise.

The bulk charge is at night on Economy 7.
At work they claim 100% green energy, at home we now use ecotricity, which is about 50% renewable, but at least they are actually investing in new kit rather than just buying power. So they have our support.

Regards
Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”