A remarkeable claim for Partner on ebay.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Flying John
Site Staff

A remarkeable claim for Partner on ebay.

Postby Flying John » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:25 am

There is a chap on Ebay selling a Partner . It is a Y reg, so quite old now. 200314942231 is the ebay number.

He is claiming 70miles on a charge and a limited top speed of just under 70. It has the seat and glass conversion so is heavy compared to standard van.

Was the partner done in a special way to allow it these large increases in range and top speed or do I sniff a little B*ll S**t in the advert !.

John

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah I spotted that little gem as well.

They have even posted in the questions saying they have done 75 miles :shock: and regularly do 30 miles with 55% charge remaining, this figure includes a 10 mile stint on the M1 :shock:

Either the mileometer is telling porkies, the vans a special, they are driving at 10mph :lol: or porkies are being told ??

I could possibley get that from the berlingo if I was REALLY careful even so my best to date has been a shade under 65 miles on a warm day doing less than 40mph eveywhere.

I've seen the user sell another berlingo EV I'm 100% sure, I keep meaning to set up a data base of who sells what and in what condition so I can tell whats moving about but just havent had time to :oops:

Maybe they are a member here and can explain how they are getting the range from it, be interesting to see who buys it and see if we can get to chat to them

ChrisB

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

gwing

Me here.

Postby gwing » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:13 pm

[quote="ChrisB"]

Maybe they are a member here and can explain how they are getting the range from it, be interesting to see who buys it and see if we can get to chat to them

ChrisB

Hello, time to stand up I guess :D

The seller has put up a 'no longer available' notice on the ebay item and I expect it to be coming in my direction do the new owner will be here even if the old one isn't. I suspect the seller is actually well known here but out of privacy I won't mention names unless he wants to contribute to the thread.

It seems a nice vehicle but other than being in good condition there haven't been any special claims made for it. My expectation is that its performance will be in line with that reported on other Blingo's, of course if it does have that 'magic bit extra' I won't be unhappy.

Rob.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Welcome to the Bingo owners Club :lol:

Or in your case Pug owners club :wink:

Does look like a nice one but as you say I think we're looking at standard range etc but as you say it will be a nice surprise if it does 70miles and we'll all want to know how what and why :lol:

This your first PSA vehicle ??

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Indeed we would. To get 70miles with the extra weight of seats and glass would be something of a miracle in a "Y" reg.

Cant wait to hear of your expereinces tho.

John

gwing

Postby gwing » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:22 pm

ChrisB wrote:Welcome to the Bingo owners Club :lol:

Or in your case Pug owners club :wink:

Does look like a nice one but as you say I think we're looking at standard range etc but as you say it will be a nice surprise if it does 70miles and we'll all want to know how what and why :lol:

This your first PSA vehicle ??

ChrisB

Not my fist PSA as I have a 406 diesel nearing the end of its life at the moment. It will be my first electric vehicle though (assuming driving a milk float as a student doesn't count :-) )

I'm sure I'll be plaguing you all with questions in due course ...

Rob.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 pm

I think the chap needs to stop the auction before it goes too far.

Placing a notice saying do not bid wont stop folks :lol:

He needs to with draw it via the control panel but he needs to do it pretty quick or he'll lose that feature in the last 24hrs I think, then he has to sell it to the actual bidder or should do. :?

18hrs to go , you better give him a shout :wink:

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Dare we ask how much ?

gwing

Postby gwing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:15 am

Flying John wrote:Dare we ask how much ?

Later - once the dust has settled :D

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 pm

We run two Blingos both having to do 5 miles of Dual carriage way and hilly fast A roads, each way to work. They both do about 40 miles down to around 20% charge. Worse in the cold weather. The Fast travelling really reduces the range. With an average consumption of .3khw /mile the 70 miles is going to take over 21kwh of charge, and take probably 8 to 10 hrs. So economy 7 isnt going to be fully able to cope.
I reallly have concerns that someone can expect to do 60 miles with stints of dual carriage way / motor way speeds. The Blingos really arnt up to long runs at full (over 60mph ) speeds. I believe that you will get serious motor failure if this is prolonged. There is evidence to suggest that there is considerably more flashover of the commutator at above 55mph.

Personally I prefere to under estimate my range capabilities. That way I dont get caught out.

This vehicle must have an exceptional set of batteries.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”