Berlingo fan stays on

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
EVan

Postby EVan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:39 pm

ChrisB wrote:
All that is needed is a battery that is healthy - a new battery one one which tests OK on one of those cheap resistor testers will be perfectly fine, even if it's a bit flat. Batteries that have been allowed to sit dead flat a few times are the problem (as they have such high internal resistance that they may as well not be there).

So whats killing the DC-DC then, is it the millisecond spikes that causes them to fail if the 12v isnt good or even connected ??

ChrisB

I think so, could be that the current limit isn't fast enough.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm

EVan wrote:
ChrisB wrote:
All that is needed is a battery that is healthy - a new battery one one which tests OK on one of those cheap resistor testers will be perfectly fine, even if it's a bit flat. Batteries that have been allowed to sit dead flat a few times are the problem (as they have such high internal resistance that they may as well not be there).

So whats killing the DC-DC then, is it the millisecond spikes that causes them to fail if the 12v isnt good or even connected ??

ChrisB

I think so, could be that the current limit isn't fast enough.

Ah I see.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”