Window regulator

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
timpootle

Window regulator

Postby timpootle » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 pm

It was sunny this afternon, so as I drove along I wound down my window.

At the bottom of travel it went CLUNK and the glass fell down at the forward edge.

Getting home and stripping the door I discovered the plastic clip holding the glass to the regulator broken into three bits. I fixed the problem by robbing the regulator from the project car, but I now need a regulator (or plastic clip) for that.

Anyone here know where I should start? Scrap yard? Ebay? Citroen dealer?

*goes off to scour the internet*
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I'd think a scrappy yard is the way to go should be able to pick one up or even the whole door for a few quid.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:12 am

Ring the dealer and find out how much the plastic clip is. No point scrounging around scrap yards if a new clip is available for a reasonable price.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Good point Greg, although I've never had much luck at dealers with anything thats over 5yrs old, they just dont seem to be interested :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 pm

PSA dont list anything but a complete winder mechanism. No individual parts. So best bet is a second hand unit. these clips are very easy to break and you have to be careful when getting the winder out. Go for the latest one you can, the earlier ones also suffer from broken pulleys caused by the steel frame of the winder being bent where the force on the pulley pulls it down and inward, the later ones have a re-inforcing washer as part of the build and they dont twist so easily. I will have some spare 2000 units but not for a few weeks when I finally get rid of a shell, and take the doors off.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”