Berlingo Electrique Wiki site

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
arsharpe

Berlingo Electrique Wiki site

Postby arsharpe » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi,

Some of the key information on electric cars that we are building up does not seem to be available outside of the group. This is a problem for people doing general research on using EVs.

There seems to a very good
EV Wiki site

I am proposing to collate some of the information that I have gained and include it in the Berlingo section. Also obviously include a link from the wiki back to BVS ;-)

Any feedback on this would be greatfully received.

I will probably distribute a draft in this thread before first submission.

Regards,
Rob

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:10 pm

I agree a wiki on the berlingo would be a good idea.

I do feel however certain key info is best kept within the group as thats what brings people to the group, if you see what I mean.
If all the info is available to one and all, whats the point of joining the group in the first place if you can freeload the info without joining.

I have to admit that I freeload plenty of info which I am intirely grateful for, but I do think that some of these groups are somewhat niave in allowing such free access to the info, and their group would be far better if the info wasnt quite as available and in your face.

Does that make sence ????

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:32 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your frank reply.
I did have a train of thought along similar lines and on balance came to the conclusion that it is probably more beneficial for the information to be out there rather than hidden underground, for the following reasons.

a) we suffer from a lack of information/advertising and general public awareness anyway and increasing this must be a good thing.

b) as we all probably realise, the internet is about free information exchange and keeping to that philosophy must be the best way of spreading the messsage.

c) the wiki site is vehicle based and is where vehicle buffs are likely to browse.

d) in the end, I am sure that we would all be very happy if everyone was driving EVs, rather than being a member of a specific group and not driving an EV.

e) the BVS will be well represented as a source of information and further research.

f) if someone is not bothered about joining an active group in one scenario IMHO they are not likely to join in another.

PS: I am going to holiday for a week in Majorca (The wife said that I will have withdrawal symptoms by going cold turkey. There are no EVs there unfortunately :-( ). Anyway, as a newbie, it has been a great couple of weeks chatting with everyone and I really look forward to catching up with you all when I get back.

Regards,
Rob

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”