Do all berlingos beep when in reverse??

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
sticks

Do all berlingos beep when in reverse??

Postby sticks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:38 pm

hi just a couple of little bits,

when i put my berlingo in reverse it beeps is this feature standard?
also it looks like my van has an alarm as sounder is under bonnet,it also has central locking but the key fob i got with the van lights up but doesnt seem to do anything :( ,my fob has only one button which makes me think its the wrong one as if seen most berlingo fobs have 2 buttons,do you think this is the problem???

cheers

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Some do have a reverse beeper, some dont, mine didnt.

To my knowledge the central locking is on the key rather than a fob ?? someone else might confirm this.

It might be due to the fob/key losing the linking code between the two, this can happen if the battery is changed in the fob/key.

Generally it can be reconnected by following a routine of getting in the van/turning the ignition on and off etc, almost all vehicles have this and its just knowing the way to follow it so you can re-connect it to the vehicle.

If that makes sence ???

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

sticks

Postby sticks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

cheers chris,sorry i mean key fob not key and a fob, i was given a key with 1 button on it and another key minus the button,i seached the net and found the info on how to program the key/fob to the berlingo but it seems that im missing a button lol ,i think its the wrong case been put around the key ,was wondering if anyone else had an 03 plate and could tell me if they have 2 buttons on their key/fob

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:09 am

My van came with a natty device which went in the bayonet socket of the reversing light, and beeped when reverse was selected.

As I enjoy the quietness of my vehicle, the first thing I did was replace it with a standard bulb.

I believe some vans were fitted with a more normal sounder wired into the loom somewhere.
Tim Crumpton

sticks

Postby sticks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

hi Tim,i agree it is annoying and so loud!!!!!

is this a must have safety feature i wonder as a pedestrian would have no clue your engine is running and would get reversed over,i think milk floats have them too,just wondering if all electric power cars etc have this ,

im still trying to work out what this wire does going to my seat belt holder as it dont make no warning noise if you havnt got it on????

and finally gonna go right now and see if i can get this remote central locking fob workig

cheers

ChrisB

Re:

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm

sticks wrote:
im still trying to work out what this wire does going to my seat belt holder as it dont make no warning noise if you havnt got it on????

It might be something to do with some sort of pretensioner in the event of an accident ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Richard Elliott

Re: Do all berlingos beep when in reverse??

Postby Richard Elliott » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Think I mentioned this some time ago - I wired a switch in to the reverse beeper circuit and turn it on if I'm somewhere busy like a town car park so I don't run over too many pedestrians. At home in the peaceful countryside I keep it swirched off so only the cat is in danger.
I cut into the circuit near the beeper at the back and took a wire up through a rubber grommet into the load space floor, along under the rubber floor mat and into the hand brake tunnel and fixed the switch onto the plastic housing near the handbrake, and back again. Simple but effective.
Richard Elliott

sticks

Re: Do all berlingos beep when in reverse??

Postby sticks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey guys if your bingo beeps in reverse and is annoying you I have noticed that if u flick your headlights to position 1 the reverse beeper doesn't work sucsess !!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”