Electriques (s) being broken for spares

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
cianof

Postby cianof » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 pm

What about that link I posted to the SAFT website?

From their site, it looks like once you get the batteries to the saft collection point @:

G&P BATTERIES
Mr Greg Clemenson
Crescent Works Industrial Park
Willenhall Road, Darlaston
UK-WS10 8JR
Tel : +44 121 568 3200
Fax : +44 121 568 3201

They take it from there.
The batteries then go to one of SAFT's recycling centers.
http://www.saftbatteries.com/TheSaftGro ... fault.aspx

Here's the EU directive on the disposal of spent batteries and accumulators.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/environment/waste_management/l21202_en.htm

The producers have to bear the cost of collecting, treating and recycling industrial, automotive and portable batteries and accumulators, as well as the costs of campaigns to inform the public of these arrangements.

sticks

Postby sticks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm

i think the best thing to do is just go down there with the tools flash abit of cash and start dis assembling the bits you need,

cash always make things happen :lol:

anything worth having a spare of? if so ill get down there too,mybe we just all meet up there and rush the gates and take over :lol:

cianof

Postby cianof » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Motor + DriveShafts & controller would be main items of value there. (Most likely items to cause big failures)

After that maybe gear stick, pumps, gauges & piping might be useful.

Cells are prob dud, but there there might be some 2003 cells that could be of use too.
Last edited by cianof on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

sticks

Postby sticks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:42 pm

so what time we meeting up there then lol

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 pm

mmmm interesting, I somewhat confused mind you?? are we talking about just one bingo or a load of them, I know a scrappy that has the ones from Portsmouth uni who wont play ball :evil: thinking they are worth loads and loads of money :roll:

Are we talking about the same ones ??

Might pop down and take a look at this one and see whats going on with it.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

tim.strutt

Postby tim.strutt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Re who pays for the recycling costs.

I Got the name of someone "in the ministry" and I started to ask him about the situation regards WEEE, would "producer poluter" (i.e PSA not SAFT OR end user) be liable, esp if they were owned by members of the public i.e. the vans were privately owned/not a business asset.

Caught the "ahhh..." only to have my PAYG mobile run out of credit ...... :x

I'll try him again on Monday, I've some experience with the WEEE directive while working for a "producer poluter", and imho think its PSA's responsibility as cianof has suggests.

ChrisB/sticks, if you get in there I'm looking for a couple of sets of servo pumps/controllers :twisted:

Tim.

cianof

Postby cianof » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am

I reckon @ end of life it's SAFT who take the cells. (not PSA)

The EU directive say this too and SAFT agree with this on their website.

It's fair considering how toxic the NiCads are. If SAFT didn't take them for recycling where would they end up?

Batteries should be in a closed system. Producer > Consumer > Producer.

It takes a lot to get the raw materials out of the ground to make the batteries in the 1st place.

Once you get the cells to that SAFT registered recyclers address, they'll take them from there.

Maybe the £250 is to cover the transport of the battery container.

If you bring them there yourself there should be no charge.

boelle

Postby boelle » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 am

regarding cells.... is it possible to get new cells? or are that illegal to?

i know that new ev's are not allowed nicd's but what about the ones that came with nicd's ?
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network
Best Pizza In Town: www.pizzaløg.dk

evanmjones

Re:

Postby evanmjones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm

ChrisB wrote:mmmm interesting, I somewhat confused mind you?? are we talking about just one bingo or a load of them, I know a scrappy that has the ones from Portsmouth uni who wont play ball :evil: thinking they are worth loads and loads of money :roll:

Are we talking about the same ones ??

Might pop down and take a look at this one and see whats going on with it.

ChrisB

He's got six of them. All low milage, from a university. Insists on scrapping them. I asked, "Are they in good condition?", "Well they were in lovely condition, before they got bashed about the yard, you know".

I've tried to persuade him to sell me some of them whole but he won't. Says he's promised the client he'll dismantle them.

I've thought of popping down there to see what's going on but it's a bit of a hike from Wales. If anyone has any more information on their actual condition I'd appreciate an update.

Thanks!

Evan

ChrisB

Re: Electriques (s) being broken for spares

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Sounds like the pompy uni ones almost certainly, there was around 6 of them, all WHERE dead but a garage I know did get a couple going from memory but they where'nt very clued up on them, I'll try and get down there and take a peep, and report back.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”