Berlingo Registration Plates

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Berlingo Registration Plates

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:46 pm

I've been meaning to post this for sometime but you know what its like :roll:

People who own Berlingos Electriques might like to beware that some not so nice people are aware these vans are excempt from the London conjestion charge and while this is correct, it isnt strictly true as you still have to register the vehicle with the authorities saying that it is exempt.
Anyhow these people are looking for Electric Berlingos and making a note of their reg numbers and then using this reg number on their van in a vain hope of dodging the conjestion charge :evil: of course all that happens is you ( the real owner get the ticket and the fine as the vehicle isnt on their database of exempt vehicles)

You may wonder why they just dont use any old Berlingo Reg plate as surely that would have the same effect, which it would, BUT it would seem that the thinking behind this is as they think the vehicle is exempt from the congestion charge anyway it wouldnt be flagged up as a stolen plate and they can use it with out fair for ages.

Apparently so far the plate issues ( two I know of ) both appeared from vehicles showing their plates on e-bay ads, all though this was sometime ago and I have not heard of any recently.

Now while its possible this is just coincidence you do have to wonder ??

So while I encourage you to take pics of you vehicles do make sure you obscure your number plate if the picture is likely to be on public display on the internet or similar.

This may well have effected other EV users like the G-wiz but I am not aware of any todate.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”