Motor oil seals - where to buy?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
timpootle

Re: Motor oil seals - where to buy?

Postby timpootle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 am

ChrisB wrote:Nice one..... I do like the fact the motor "appears" to be in the 'Lounge' judging by the carpet on the floor

No, we just have a luxurious carpeted garage :-)

Evan told me I really needed a bench press to remove the armature from the bell housing, so that will be staying in (I only wanted it out to clean the brush block properly. I can work around it.)

Citroen would order the seal from France, but with all your helpful advice I went to a bearing stockist and bought a seal of the same size (30 x 40 x 7). The lip on the original part is unusual, being a stiff, curved material. My new seal is a conventional shaft seal. We shall see how it fits when I put it all together.
Tim Crumpton

chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:24 am

Well done Tim. Nice to see someone succeed in a thorny problem. Love the carpet.
by daughters room was recently carpeted. My garage has now got a pale pink carpet throughout. It looks very twee, but oil stains are the very devil to hide!!!
Best of luck JC

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Listen to you lot with your "Carpeted Garages" :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much carbon dust did you find in the motor and how many miles has it done Tim, I'm just wondering if its worth me doing a strip and clean before I get any kind of carbon flash over that can happen :shock:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

JonSpence

Postby JonSpence » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 pm

timpootle wrote:Citroen would order the seal from France, but with all your helpful advice I went to a bearing stockist and bought a seal of the same size (30 x 40 x 7). The lip on the original part is unusual, being a stiff, curved material. My new seal is a conventional shaft seal. We shall see how it fits when I put it all together.

Really glad to hear that you've sorted that. I was concerned.

Off topic but I dug some 35mm cable out and a bootlace crimp end. I can't get it to crimp square without a special tool. Loose and it was about 7-8mm sq. I hope this helps with your main fuse box connections. Obviously if you use the retaining screw to 'crimp' the bootlace on the end of the cable it should work, though there might be some snags if you have to remove the cable later.

Let me know if you want half a dozen bootlace ends and I'll liberate them.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”