My Blingo battery change report.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:03 pm

Wow what a day I've had 8)

Decided to give the van a good test out as it seemed it was about right to so off I went.

Clocked up just over 41 miles with 6-7 miles of motorway work at 55-60mph :shock: arrived back home with the energy meter still showing 24% and the battery voltage not sagging below 145v at the worst case 8)

OK so I have driven it fairly carefully, trying to keep the discharge under 100A where possible and in the green section of the ECO meter, keeping off the brakes and using as much regen as poss , but I recon if I had kept off the motorway I could get 50+miles out of her 8)

So all in all a BIG EV GRIN today 8)

Well it looks as though this will be the end of this thread for the time being as I have covered most bases and the van seems to be behaving itself.
Time to move on with some of the other jobs.

I'll add any updates to this section as I go if anything new crops up and if anyone wants to ask any questions about the battery change then feel free to post away and I'll try and answer them.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:28 pm

We have been following your progress with considerable interest.

Well done!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Cheers 8)

Yes its been an interesting one, I'm still not 100% sure the charger/controller fully understand the batteries as I went out today in her and where as the energy meter normally it starts just above 100% it was on or a hair below 100% which was odd as it had what I felt was a normal charge the night before ..............BUT ........... that evening I took her out only did about 9 miles but was......how shall I say it......ragging it about a bit, only really seeing how it coped with fast accelerations etc which of course it did with ease. So I'm just wondering if that messed things up a bit with the charge regime for that night ??

Today I only did 22 miles and we where down to 55% ??? but then atleast 10 of those where on a motorway at 55mph which is never great news for the batteries.

We'll see how things go and get on with the other little jobbies on her before worring too much about this side of things

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Wow. You've been busy. Are you using it daily?

Did you manage to fix the heater? Don't suppose it's too much of a problem at the moment.

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Yup pretty much when ever I need to do a short less than 50 mile round trip the blingo does it, cant believe how much I am out in it to be honest !!!

Racked up over 200 miles since the battery swap :shock:

Yeah heaters being a pain , I think its the dosing pump thats either stuck or isnt getting a supply or has packed up but I dont actually know where the pump is located :roll:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Another range update...........

Its looking like the computer on the charger is getting use to the batts now and I'm getting a full charge with 100% now showing on the energy meter after every charge 8)

Today we pushed the envelope with a 40mile run finishing with 40% still left of the energy meter :shock: this is getting silly now, I'm thinking I could push 60+ miles on the range on this thing, it was a shame today as I was tempted to keep running around locally to just see how far I could go before the eco light came on but I was running out of time and also I didnt have a volt meter attached to see how the pack volts where doing.
Maybe next weekend

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 pm

floydster wrote:Wow. You've been busy. Are you using it daily?

Did you manage to fix the heater? Don't suppose it's too much of a problem at the moment.

Floydster

Heater fixing is now being done on this thread

http://batteryvehiclesociety.myfreeforu ... ut105.html

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat May 12, 2007 1:49 pm

Well after a few weeks driving about I have been doing regularly 30-40miles on a charge with plenty in reserve.

But this week as I was doing just short little journeys I didnt bother charging her everynight, in a vain attempt to actually run her right down and see what happens.

I'm not a great lover of doing this as it of course stresses the pack but it has to be done atleast once in a while just to see what happens.

Sadly I realised I hadnt reset the trip at the start :roll: so dont actually know how many miles I travelled, but this week I have been running with the heater on and I know that takes a bit off the DC-DC converter, so I suspect it might not have been a real true reading, also as it was sat over night without a charge the pack may well have started to become rather un-balanced.

Anyhow yesterday I was down to about 25% and needed to do about 7miles, so off I set but within about 2.5miles it was @ 20% and 30secs later the yellow eco light and recharge light came on , I arrived at the site after a further mile and the van seemed to be still running fine.

I set off after a 3hr break ( yes if I had taken the charge lead I could have topped her up but as I hadnt I coulnt ) to do the 3.5mile return trip ( with yellow eco and recharge light on and the energy meter sat now at 18%.
I thought even if it went into limitation mode I should be able to limp back @ 25-30mph , anyway after just a mile it soon became apparent that it was limiting to 30mph as I had been doing about 35mph after a further mile she was down to 25mph and slowing down fast ( which surprised me as I still was showing about 15% on the energy meter.
At the 2.5 mile mark I was getting very concerned that I wasnt going to make it as it was now at 15mph-20mph MAX and slowing fast, finally at the 3mile mark I had almost ground to a halt on a very slight incline, but as luck would have it I was outside a good friend of mine so limped into their drive and asked if I could spend 45mins topping up to get the last bit home , of course I had to go home first to get the charge lead.
On my return the van was so flat it wouldnt actually move and the controller had locked out the drive totally so we had to push it the last yard or so :( even though the energy meter was just touching the red 10% mark it really was not interested in going anywhere.

Anyhow after a 45min charge it was up to 25% and I had enough to drive back home .

So I now know that if I get to the 20% I've only got about 3-4miles MAX before it dies :shock:

I'm surprised that the energy meter never made it to 0% or at least 3-4% but by 10% it had given up the ghost .

I'm not likely to run it down that flat again for sometime due to the stress's it puts on the batts but its useful to know how it behaves when getting that low.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 23, 2007 10:47 am

Another range up date .................

IVE DONE IT :P :P :P :P

Yesterday I did 50.2 miles on a charge, and 10 of those where at 50mph :shock:

Ran the energy meter down to just under 15% and still no recharge light showing 8)

I didnt want to take the batts any further and as I was a stones throw from home decided to tootle back.

So why did it fail so easily last time, well I think it was because I hadnt been re-chargeing her during the night and the battery volts where sagging during their standing time and this upset the energy meters true reading.

So with it now having done 50miles how much more can I get out of her ???

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Today I was a little on the nervouse side as I did a long motorway run :shock:

Managed to rack up some 44miles of which 30 miles where on the motorway.
Speed ranged between 45 and 55mph

Arrived back home with still 28% left 8)

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”